APPLICATION AND ADMISSION TO STUDY IN RUSSIA
ARRIVAL FOR STUDIES IN RUSSIA
STUDIES AND LIFE IN RUSSIA
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION TO STUDY IN RUSSIA
When and how can I submit my documents and send my application to study in Russia?
Please fill in the Application form and get the contacts of GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER representative in your country by email.
Prepare and submit the full set of documents required to apply for your education in Russia:
- Standard Application Form (to be issued by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER representative in your country);
- Copy of your passport page with your photo and personal data (your passport should be valid at least 2 years after the supposed date of your arrival to Russia);
- Copy of your Higher School Certificate/ Diploma of higher education with academic transcript;
- Signed contract (to be issued by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER representative in your country).
Applications should be submitted to GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER Central Office in Russia and in its offices in other countries annually from the 10th of January to the 1st of December of the current year.
Discover three easy steps to your education in Russia.
How many years will I study in Russia?
The applicants who come to study at Russian language programs and do not speak the Russian language are admitted to the Foundation course. The duration of studies is one academic year, the objective is to learn the Russian language and improve the knowledge of principal and special subjects required to continue education at university at the chosen specialty.
The applicants who intend to study at English language programs do not need to take any Foundation course. They apply directly for the 1st year of their major program. The Russian language as a foreign language is included into their education plan throughout their studies.
Should I provide any certificate to confirm my knowledge of English?
Upon arrival students who have chosen to study in English should have an interview to prove their language competence. It is not necessary to present international language certificates (IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, DALF, TCF etc.). For studies in Russia it is sufficient to have language course (English) in the certificate of secondary or higher education.
Are there any scholarships available for foreign students?
The Russian Government annually awards over 15 000 state-sponsored scholarships that fully cover tuition and accommodation fees in students’ hostel in Russia. These scholarships are distributed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation among almost all countries around the world via Ministries, governmental and non-governmental organizations, Embassies, etc. You may get information regarding availability of scholarships and requirements at the Embassy of Russia in your country. Please note that in order to receive any state-sponsored scholarships the applicant should have secondary school certificate with overall passing score at least 80%. At the same time, there are no scholarships available for programs taught in English, and there is a limited number of scholarships available for the most popular specialities such as medicine.
Any student having a certificate of secondary education with overall passing score less than 80% is eligible to study only on a fee basis and may choose any speciality without restriction.
From our experience the sponsorship may be also offered by government (Ministry of Education in your country, government foundations, etc.) and by non-government organisations (private charity foundations, companies interested to train qualified personnel, family members, etc). All necessary documents and admission letters regarding admission to the chosen university in Russia required for the sponsor in your home country will be prepared by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER upon consideration of the full set of your documents. We recommend you to consider carefully all possible options to fulfil your dream about high-quality and prestigious higher education in Russia!
I have no passport or my education certificate/academic results are not available at the moment. Can I apply?
Your application may be considered as an exceptional case and you may receive an Admission Letter to confirm your conditional admission for the studies and the necessity to submit all missing documents within the agreed period of time. For more detailed information do not hesitate to contact GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER office in your country or GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER Central Office in Russia.
Are there any entrance exams?
Foreign students coming for studies at the Foundation course through GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER are admitted to university without any entrance exams.
Foreign students coming for programs in Russian, English through GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER are admitted to universities on favourable terms, namely, they pass tests or interview and do not have to pass entrance examinations in full as other applicants who apply independently.
We guarantee your admission to the university if you meet all the formal requirements.
Will my Russian diploma be recognized and accepted in my home country?
Upon completion of the university the graduates receive diploma of higher education in conformity with Russian national standards specifying degree/qualification (Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Specialist / Specialist Engineer) and educational program. The recognition of Russian diplomas all over the world is ensured by intergovernmental and international agreements / contracts or by the na-tional legislation of relevant countries.
The graduates can optionally receive additional document European Supplement that enables them to receive the equivalence of diploma in any of 53 European and other countries which have signed The Lisbon Convention on the Reciprocal Recognition of Qualifications for Higher Education in the European Region, to continue education or find employment in these countries.
I paid for my education but failed to come. Will I get my money back?
1. In case the student made the payment but for some reasons failed to come to Russia for studies, the amount paid for his or her tuition, accommodation and life and health insurance will be reimbursed in the amount of 100%, however the student’s registration fee, the bank charges and currency conversion into Russian roubles charges are non-refundable as per the invoice.
2. In case the student arrived to Russia and was provided with accommodation in students’ hostel, the amount paid for studies is subject to the following regulations: a) the amount paid for the Foundation course is non-refundable; b) the amount paid for the undergraduate (1 – 6 years) and for the post-graduate programs is reimbursed in the amount of 30% of the tuition, accommodation fees in a students’ hostel for one academic year. The student’s life and health insurance fee, the registration fee, the bank charges and currency conversion charges are non-refundable.
The refund may be proceeded to the student only upon the receipt of the properly filled in Application for Refund Form issued by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER Central Office and only to the foreign currency account of the student/sender to the provided banking details.
Which academic program can I choose?
Group of Russian State Universities GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER offers education in over 500 medical, engineering, economic and humanitarian specialties taught in English and Russian languages. Choose your program.
What languages can I choose to study in Russia?
Education at Russian universities is carried out in Russian and English.
You may choose among All Medical, Pediatrics, Dental and Pharmacy specialties Programs taught in Russian.
By opting for education in Russian during the first year students study at the Foundation course, where for 8-10 months they study the Russian language and other principal subjects required for their further education at university for the speciality of their choice: biomedicine, chemistry, biology. The curriculum of the Foundation course at university may also include other academic disciplines.
The educational program in English and French includes a mandatory course of the Russian lan-guage that is necessary for the students` communication, adaptation and daily life during their studies and for their access to the multimillion resources of educational literature.
How much do I have to pay for my studies? When should I pay?
Education for foreign citizens at Russian universities is up to 80% subsidized by the Russian Gov-ernment which makes it affordable. Taken into account this sponsorship education in Russia may cost on average from 2500 to 4000 USD per academic year depending on the chosen specialty and lan-guage.
For the exact amount please consult Universities page.
Upon the receipt of the confirmation of your admission you will also get the Admission Letter and the Invoice to make the payment for your first academic year. The payment with this invoice should be made within 30 days from the date of the issue of invoice. Payment after the receipt of entry visa or upon arrival to Russia is IMPOSSIBLE.
Without payment candidate can not receive the Invitation for studies from The Main Department for Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation. This invitation is required to obtain Russian study visa.
Where else can I send my application and documents?
Applications and documents may be submitted to different representative offices of GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER in foreign countries or to GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER Central Office in Russia.
To have the contact details of GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER office in your country kindly fill in this form and get the contact details by email.
Are there any age limits for the admission to Russian universities?
There are no any age limits. But the recommended age to apply for Bachelor Degree programs and for medical programs is under 23 years. In exceptional cases applications from older candidates may be considered if they have already received any other education.
Admission to post-graduate programs does not involve any restrictions of the applicant`s age.
I study at university in my home country. Can I transfer to Russian university?
The transfer from university outside Russia to Russian university is not possible according to the Education Law of the Russian Federation. Foreign citizens should apply for the first year at Russian university. Upon admission to the first year foreign students may present their academic transcript that proves the number of years and courses taken at university of home country. A special commission will consider the academic transcript and compare the educational programs, identify the difference be-tween two university programs and make the decision regarding student’s transfer to the year of stud-ies in accordance with the provided documents. Exams in certain subjects are also may be required. Such issues are resolved individually with every candidate.
However you may also apply for the next level of education upon the receipt of higher education diploma at your university. For example, if you have completed a Bachelor’s degree, you can submit your documents and apply for a Master’s degree program at Russian university.
How can I receive Russian study visa?
Once the Admission Letter is issued by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER , the Department for Migration of the Main Direc-torate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia begins the procedure of formalization of the Invita-tion for studies which is the main document for obtaining Russian study visa. It takes from 35 to 45 days to make Invitation Letter. It will be mailed to you by express mail only upon the receipt of the full payment for the first academic year according to the invoice.
Upon the receipt of the Invitation Letter you are supposed to submit your documents to the Con-sular Section of the Russian Embassy in your country in order to obtain Russian study visa.
The list of Russian Consular Offices/Embassies and their contacts are available on the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
The standard set of documents for the study visa includes the following:
- Invitation Letter for studies (original document)
- International Passport
- Visa Application form
- Colour photo 3,5 x 4,5
- Certificate of absence of HIV infection
- Medical certificate
The average study visa fee is 60 USD.
The average term for issuing study visa is 7 – 14 days.
The list of required documents and fees for Russian study visa may vary from country to country. We advise you to precise the details at the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in your country or check it on the website visa.kdmid.ru
What kind of services does GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER offer to international students?
- Consultation regarding the Russian education system, including admission guidelines and regulations for international students, information about students’ accommodation and food, assistance in choos-ing future specialty and university, taking into consideration every student’s interests;
- Preliminary examination of the applicant’s educational documents on the eligibility to study at Russian universities;
- Formalizing the documents to obtain the Invitation Letter to the chosen university at the Main De-partment for Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the cities/regions and sending invitations to the applicants;
- Consultation and assistance to the applicants with applying for Russian study visa;
- Meeting the students at the Russian airports and accompanying them to the city and university of their studies;
- Assistance with the admission to Russian universities for the chosen specialty and degree program: Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Specialist/Engineer-Specialist, Candidate of Sciences, Doctor of Science;
- Providing accommodation for students in a students’ hostel of the university for the whole period of studies (up to 7 years);
- Assistance in registration at the Main Department for Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian cities/regions and sending invitations to the applicants;
- Providing students with free educational literature at university libraries;
- Assistance in obtaining the Certificate of Equivalence of foreign educational documents in the Minis-try of Education and Science of Russia (Rosobrnadzor) which is compulsory for every foreign student to be admitted to any Russian university;
- Monitoring the students’ academic progress and behaviour;
- Communication with the parents and timely reports on the students’ performance or any conduct issues;
- Mentoring and protection of student rights, including support of any kind during the whole duration of their studies in Russia.
All services provided to the international students by GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER organisation in Russia are free of charge, except for the actual costs of students’ arrival and admission to Russian universities. All the above mentioned services and activities of GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER organisation are sponsored by Russian state uni-versities members of GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTER Group.
ARRIVAL FOR STUDIES IN RUSSIA
STUDIES AND LIFE IN RUSSIA